Today was our 38 week appointment. Urine clean, blood pressure a little high (130/75), and I lost the rest of that 9lbs of swelling reflected at my 36 weeks appointment (now up 24 lbs total). I'm still swollen and pitting, but it's improved. I am about 1/2 cm dialated and belly is now measuring 42 weeks (that's 4 weeks ahead!). Because he's confident we're dealing with a "huge" baby, Dr. Solomon said we have medical cause for an elective c-section. And the high amniotic fluid combined with unpredictable blood pressure and asthma just strengthen the case. And the soonest the hospital (or insurance?) will allow us to schedule a c-section is 39 weeks.
Sooooooo.... Aubrey is scheduled to arrive on Monday, Nov. 26th at 8:30am.
That makes our birthday calendar:
Nov 26 - Aubrey
Nov 27 - my brother
Nov 28 - my mom
Nov 29 - Jessica (best friend since 4th grade)
Of course, I could always go into labor before Monday, but it doesn't look like my body's moving in that direction. We'll see, though!
Ken was apparently hoping today was the day and was a little disappointed to hear he has to wait a whole week. He's so cute. :) I'm glad we've got another week! Well, not glad about the week of bed rest, but glad we have some time to finish getting ready. Rachel loaned us her "Happiest Baby on the Block" dvd so we'll have time to watch that this weekend and hopefully start to figure out how we're going to handle a newborn.
We had our breastfeeding class this evening. The woman who taught it was horribly boring and, even though every woman was there with her husband, Ken was visibly uncomfortable. It was mildly helpful but I think we would have been ok if we had skipped it - our child birth class covered the important points and did so in a much more engaging manner.
While rolling through town…
1 year ago




1 comment:
let me know if you need anything jess!!
aubrey is almost here!!! :-)
Post a Comment