June 22, 2007

Appt #4 - 16 weeks

This morning's check-up went well. My blood pressure was 110/70 (nurse said that was good), urine was clean, and I'm up two lbs from last appointment. Baby's heart rate was 158, which the doctor said is good. It's a little on the fast side and he said some people believe that means it's a girl. I told him about the chinese gender chart and he laughed and then said "well then, just because of that, i'm going to guess boy!" We'll find out soon!

He measured my belly and it's about 16.5 cm, which is just right since I'm finishing up my 16th week (1 cm per wk). I think he's going to measure every appointment from here out, just to make sure growth is on track.

I told that him my nosebleeds have been a pain and he said that they're common, but not usually on a daily basis. So he gave me a referral to an ENT with a note "30 years old, 16+ wks pregnant, dailly nosebleeeds, please evaluate." I'll call the ENT on Monday to see how soon they can see me. He says that there's a chance something has ruptured (I guess since it's primarily my left nostril?) and that the ENT can close it off. Doesn't sound too pleasant! Ironically, I didn't get a nosebleed today. :P

Next og/gyn appointment is July 13th (Friday the 13th!) at 9:20am. This is actually one week earlier than we expected but when he gave us the option to come in at 19 weeks instead of 20 weeks I was like "HECK YEAH!" because this is when we'll have the "big" ultrasound. I'll see the sonographer first and if the baby's cooperating, we'll find out the sex! WOOHOO! :) Then I'll see my doctor for the usual peeing, blood pressure, and measuring.

3 comments:

pamela said...

hey, jess--wow, i would have been so embarrassed too after that incident in the restaurant you wrote about...but hopefully the ENT will be able to take care of it without too much drama. : )

allison said...

Nice diagram on the post. :) I'm so excited to hear whether you're having a boy or girl. We've always loved knowing the gender and calling the boys by name as early as possible. Have you talked about names?

Jessica Moore said...

Yay Pam and Allison! Thanks for the comments. :) Comments make me happy.

We're not really talking about names until we know the gender. But both of our dads are JDs so if it's a boy we may incorporate those initials, and both of our sisters are Lisa so if it's a girl maybe we'll make that part of the her middle name or something.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to giving this baby an identity and name, instead of calling it "it."