May 4, 2007

A New Job

About a month ago I received an email from a music teacher in Buda (where we live) that said she heard I might be interested in a part-time music position in the area. Turns out, she teaches music at an elementary in Buda and wants to go to grad school so she'd like to share the position with someone! She prefers the younger kids so she would teach K-2 and I'd teach 3rd through 5th grades every morning from 7:30am to 11:30am. And my commute would be 10 minutes instead of an hour!!!

I met with her principal and the other specials teachers the following week.

And today I signed a contract! WOOHOO! This is going to work out soooo much better for me and now I won't have to spend 2 hours a day on the road. Plus, by teaching every morning (instead of every other week like I do now), I'll be able to get into a routine, which'll be nice.

As for the 2008-2009 school year, we'll see what happens. If the position still exists, I may decide to just do weddings so that I can be home with the kiddo. Guess we're playing it by ear.

No comments: