August 16, 2008

Richard's Wedding


My Cousin Richard and Grandma

My Brother Jacob and Grandma


Grandma (my dad's mom)

My Aunt Norma's good friend, shaking hands with my Uncle David. The only reason I included this picture is because my sister Lisa is doing a really cool hair-whip.

Mom and a few of her many animated expressions.


Ken and Aubrey came to the ceremony, but the reception was past her bedtime.

I'm not a fan of babies at wedding receptions anyway...
loud music + drinking + babies = bad idea


She liked Lisa's legs. And who could blame her! Lisa's got great legs.


I still can't believe I got this shot of Aubrey spontaneously kissing Uncle David!


Mom and Dad were the wedding videographers. Their first time to video a wedding in at least 10 years! Hope it comes out alright....

This was the first time our family has been together since Christmas 2006.






My gorgeous cousins, Katinka and Richard.


Aunt Norma, mother of the groom

My brother Jacob, stylin' and profilin'.


My sister Lisa and her husband Arthur. They live in a land far, far away called "Montana."

My folks. I don't know what my dad is doing. Or why my mom's making that face.

They're always suckin-face. Even after 35ish years.

Grandma and Uncle David.

Cute placecards.

Each table had a name and on the back of the card was a personalized description. We were at the "First Date" table so the back of the card gave the details of Richard and Jill's first date. Cute idea!








Richard with his uncles - my dad and his two brothers.
Richard's mom, Norma, is their only sister (you know she must have had a rough childhood!).

Wonder what they were talking about...

OK, the way I understand it, this woman on my Uncle David's lap was one of Norma's bridesmaids back in the day....

And, when they were growing up, David always liked Norma's friends....


And this is that woman's husband, watching David dance with his wife!

Hmmm....

I don't think Grandma approved.










Uncle David asked Lisa to get this shot. You get one guess why. ;)

Jacob taught mom the Macarena.

I was so proud of myself - I did only two "wedding coordinator" things all day! The first was when I asked the facility to dim the lights (nobody was dancing!) and the second was here, when Richard needed help with his cufflink. :)
It's really hard for me to just be a guest and not take over!

2 comments:

Denise Bynum said...

These are great pictures!! I want copies of all of them. The one of you and Lisa together is my favorite, followed by the one of all of our family together. I liked the one of Bynum and me sucking face too!

Granny

Denise Bynum said...

This comment is from my sister, Jeraine:
Anyone else notice how much Richard and David look alike in the "uncles" photo? I never noticed that before!
All you Bynums are drop dead GORGEOUS! I'm jealous!!!
Jeraine