July 16, 2007

Vote for a quote!

I want to border the top edge of the nursery with inspirational quotes, words of encouragement and growth.

Something like this picture (but imagine a nursery instead of an ugly kitchen :P).

The nursery will be a light yellow with brown and gold accents. My childhood dresser will double as a changing table and provided the inspiration for the coloring. As far as a theme, I think we've decided on teddy bears. I've always loved teddy bears and I saw some really cute teddy bear decorated items at Babies R Us last week, so voila!

Below are some quotes I like, in no particular order. Help us choose! Which one's your favorite? Also let me know if you think of a great one not already listed.

Ok, here are some quote possibilities:

Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn off the light.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say good night.

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. -James 1:17

The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. -Joe Houldsworth

A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it. -Frank A. Clark

From small beginnings come great things. –Proverb

Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. -Matthew 19:14

A baby is a little bit of Heaven on Earth.

Angels danced the day you were born.

She fills our Lives with Sunshine… And our Hearts with Love.

You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. -Psalms 139:13

***
To post your vote, see the line below this that says "Posted by Jessica Moore at 4:32 PM ___ comments" and click on the word "comments." From there, you can enter your comment/vote and sign-in with your email address and password to post. That way everyone can see what other people are voting for. :) Thanks!

4 comments:

pamela said...

what a cute idea!

i'm going with james 1:17.

it's a classic, and will have a longer "paint life" as your daughter gets older.

Shari said...

How about this from my favorite Disney Movie:

You're so precious to me
Cute as can be,
Baby of mine

OK...so it's not a movie about "bears", but I think it is the sweetest lullaby of all time!

Shari said...

I like this one too:

Dream big little girl!

Denise Bynum said...

Matthew 19:14 - it reminds kids that Jesus loves and wants them, and reminds parents of their responsibility.
-and-
Psalms 139:13 - because she'll see you knitting, which gives a great visual for her about her own creation.
-and-
another vote for James 1:17
In fact, I like all the scriptures!

I like the teddy bear one too.

How much room are you going to have on those walls?

Granny